QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, March 25, 2013

To my pretty young thingies

Sewing Project # Who Knows:

SpiderWomanKnits has this great tutorial for turning a pillow case into a bag. This was my second actual project (before the seat covers) and it was so easy and fun! Except I totally attached the handles in the wrong direction, lol. Looks like a little backpack.

 

Look, it even has corners! ...More evident when it's been ironed.



____LOVE SONGS OF THE DAYS (SUN/MON)

In high school I thought Michael Jackson was crap. But these days I have a solid 15 song playlist I enjoy dancing to while cleaning my room.

Nice cover of "PYT" but... what is a "tenderoni"?


Despite the white socks, undershirt, greasy hair, crotch grabbing, ill-considered sleepovers, and Peter Pan nose... he was a helluva dancer.



2 comments:

widdershins said...

The handles are perfect .. did you ever see the episode of M.A.S.H. where Trapper orders a pinstripe suit from a local tailor and it comes back with the stripes running horizontally? ... sometimes it works!

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I have a little appreciation for MJ as well since I'm older. One thing he had for certain was a definite sense of drama.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}