QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Why did you disconnect the brakes on my car?

I love Weird Al. Not only are his parodies and polka-cover-medlies brilliant, but some of his original songs are good too.

Like this song about discovering that maybe, just maybe, your sig other doesn't love you anymore. It's a "style parody" based on that one hit wonder "More Than Words." (Man did that song get overplayed. I distinctly remember the summer when it was on non-stop rotation.)

I still remember the way that you laughed
When you pushed me down the elevator shaft
Oh if you don't mind me asking, what's this poisonous cobra
Doing in my underwear drawer?
Sometimes I get to thinking--you don't love me anymore

2 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Remember that song Feelings? That song got so overplayed, too. I was somewhere listening to live music and the band played a cover for that where they inserted toilet flushes, etc. It was great.

Skye said...

Oh man, that was hilarious! Thank you for sharing that song.

For some people, it takes more even than a sledgehammer ....

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}