QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I tawk tawk to you

Man, I've been through a lot of comedies these past two weeks while crocheting and sewing. I finished all the seasons of The IT Crowd and am now trying Community. I tried ep 1 of Fawlty Towers cause I've never seen it, but it wasn't doing much for me.

All the while I've been working on owly's corduroy beak. The material's crumbly so it's a pain. But I successfully sewed up the pillow's belly (what was once the zipper) without even needing a different stitch.

In music news, next month I'm popping over to Vancouver to see Prince again, with my mother. The tickets are shamefully expensive--it's a small venue--but it's a mother-daughter thing long overdue. When Tina Turner was on her finale tour mum wanted me to come out west and see a show together, but I was a manager at Christmastime--just wasn't gonna happen. Before that, we once had tickets to see Guns N' Roses, but the show was cancelled after some rioting, if I recall. (I think GNR were late and the fans went mental?) So Prince it is! But I need to take him off my vision board before he bankrupts me.

In love song music news--saw this in a movie I'm watching. Terrible 80s mmsa music at its best. I always liked the "tawk tawk" guy.

In the night, in my dreams I'm in love with you
'cause you talk to me like lovers do
I feel joy, I feel pain 'cause it's still the same
When the night is gone I'll be alone


   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catching up after being internet-less for small while..... oh the creating that's been going on! Such progress, and wonderful projects! (Of course I'm partial to the bags, wink wink.)

Enjoy the show. No one ever says they wish they had NOT gone to something like this (costly or not), only that they wish they HAD when it was missed.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Black Books? Whenever IT Crowd is mentioned i'm always told I HAVE to see Black Books...haven't done that yet.
Prince with your mum sounds awesome...bet you'll have a blast!

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Yay for you and Prince again! I was scheduled to see Echo and the Bunnymen when they were new and they cancelled. Broke my heart.

London Mabel said...

@urthalun - Oh noes, internetless! I have to catch up too but have no excuse, other than crochet. And thanks for the advice, you're right.

@Kris - Hadn't heard of it. I'll see if I can watch it somewhere.

@JJJ - Sadness. I haven't seen many concerts in my life, which is something I'm trying to correct in this particular phase. I never liked to spend the money! I'm trying to get over that hump, that way of thinking.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}