QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, March 3, 2013

You're a bit of an eejit, aren't you?


When my dad and I went to see Hawksley Workman, back before Christmas, we decided we needed to plan another show outing right away. So he got us tickets to Oklahoma!, something I figured Stepmommy would enjoy too because we used to sing the songs together (when I lived at home the first time.)


We especially liked...
Poor Jud is dead, a candle lights his head
He's looking oh so purty and serene
He looks like he's asleep
It's a shame that he won't keep
But it's summer and we're running out of ice

____LOVE SONG OF THE DAY____

Gordon MacRae--what a voice.

Don't sigh and gaze at me Your sighs are so like mine
Your eyes mustn't glow like mine People will say we're in love



Top comment for this song, on youtube:
In my courtin' days I used to sing to my pretty little redhead girlfriend. Her response was a little kiss then she'd say. 'You're a bit of an eejit, aren't you'? Any way we got married and have been together now for 46 years and I'm still singing and she's still calling me a bit of an ejit.

4 comments:

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

What a sweet story. 46 years!

London Mabel said...

Why do I keep messing up my video postings? But yes, vair cute story.

widdershins said...

I loved the songs too.

London Mabel said...

The teeny old woman sitting next to me started singing along to Poor Jud is Dead, when it came on. It was great fun.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}